17th annual Ontario employment law conference early bird registration #learnthelatest
Registration is now open for the 17th Annual Ontario Employment Law Conference, presented by First Reference and Stringer LLP on Thursday June 2, 2016, at the Corporate Event Centre at CHSI in Mississauga.
We’re busy finalizing the topics for this year’s conference and we’ll let you know as soon as the agenda is ready. You can be sure that we’ll cover all the most pressing issues you need to understand your obligations in today’s constantly evolving compliance environment. Topics include:
- Upcoming WSIB Experience Rating reform
- Bill 132 and the new sexual violence and harassment rules for employers
- New developments on the topics of constructive dismissal and suspensions
- The continually evolving law of privacy
- Employment Standards updates
- Family status accommodation
Last year’s attendees appreciated the breakout sessions, where they got the opportunity to discuss specific issues in greater detail with Stringer’s employment law experts. We’ll be bringing this feature back this year and topics covered will be:
- Accommodation of employee disabilities
- Terminations of employment
- Responding to workplace accidents
In addition, this year, we are honoured to have the Human Rights Commissioner Renu Mandhane as our lunchtime speaker.
Registration includes the full-day conference, exclusive conference materials, parking, refreshments, a continental breakfast and lunch. The location features free high-speed wireless and individual charge stations so you can keep in touch with your office—or tweet your peers.
Make sure to use our conference hashtag #learnthelatest to connect with other people who are planning to attend, to keep up with the latest information and blog post on the conference. You can also use the hashtag #learnthelatest to share and discuss what you’ve learned and highlights of the conference on social media (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.)
Visit our Annual Conference website at www.firstreference.com/conference.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Latest posts by Yosie Saint-Cyr (see all)
- Workplace health and safety law and partisan political arguments - April 17, 2017
- WCB to employers: You need policies before Canada legalizes marijuana - March 29, 2017
- Workplace partisan political arguments - March 7, 2017