The 2013 Clawbie Awards have been announced. First Reference Talks is honoured and humbled to have won the Fodden Award for Best Canadian Law Blog. It is a huge compliment and we appreciate the recognition; our team of bloggers will continue to strive to provide in depth, timely, newsworthy and well written HR, payroll, employment and labour law articles in 2014.
We would like to thank the Clawbie judges (Steve Matthews, Jordan Furlong and Simon Fodden) for considering our blog worthy of an award amidst the remarkable breadth and quality of the nominated law blogs, specifically, À bon droit, by Karim Renno of Irving Mitchell Kalichman in Montreal; Entertainment And Media Law Signal, by Bob Tarantino and his colleagues at Heenan Blaikie nationwide; and The Trial Warrior, by Antonin Pribetic of Toronto.
We especially would like to thank our 2013 blog authors/occasional bloggers for their great contributions, expertise and dedication to their work. We could not have done it without them and they deserve mention here:
- Adam Gorley
- Alison Bird, Cox & Palmer
- Amery Boyer, CHRP, MBA
- Ben Mcgregor
- Bimal Parmar, Celayix
- Cara-Marie Taylor
- Clear Path Employer Services, Anna Aceto-Guerin
- Christina Catenacci B.A., LL. B., LL.M.
- David Hyde, David Hyde and Associates
- Doug MacLeod, MacLeod Law Firm
- Earl Altman, Garfinkle Biderman LLP
- Henry J. Chang, Blaney McMurtry LLP
- Ian J. Cook, BC HRMA and HR Metrics
- Lauren Bride
- McCarthy Tétrault, Employer Advisor blogs
- Marcia Scheffler, M.A., CHRP
- Michele Glassford, D.R. Hancocks & Associates Inc.
- Nick Anderson
- Omar Zulfi, Meghan Tooley, and Robert Groce, Metric Marketing
- Pam Johnson, HR professional
- QuIRC, PeopleInsight
- Rachel Matthews
- Simon Heath, BA, MIR, LLB
- Stringer LLP
- Stuart Rudner, Rudner MacDonald LLP
And our Inside Internal Controls blog authors:
- Alanna Twohey, Associate Bird Richard
- Ana Sainz, Claret Partners Limited
- Arthur Davis
- Drache Aptowitzer LLP
- Evelyn Harkness
- Jeffrey D. Sherman, BComm, MBA, CIM, FCA
- Maanit Zemel, Miller Thompson LLP
- Ron Richard, Quality, Information Technology and Enterprise Risk Management specialist
- Stephanie F. Smith, B.Comm., M.B.A.
- Steve Goldwasser, B.Sc.
We would also like to thank our team at First Reference, specifically our blog administrator Samantha Howes for her creative and technical savvy and support. Nothing would have happened without this great team.
We would also like to congratulate the other Clawbie 2013 winners, among them:
- Best Practitioner Blogs: David Fraser of McInnes Cooper; Employment and Human Rights Law in Canada: Lisa Stam of Baker & McKenzie; and Family LLB: Central Ontario divorce lawyer Russell Alexander
- Legal Culture Award: Youth And Work, written by Andrew Langille
- Non-Legal Audience Blog: Susan On The Soapbox, written by Calgary lawyer Susan Wright
- Legal News Award: National Magazine
- Best Practice Management Blog: Thoughtful Legal Management by David Bilinsky
Also, our congratulations to all other award recipients, runner-ups, finalists, and nominees; for more on the 2013 ClawBies, click here.
Again… much thanks and all the best for the New Year!
First Reference Managing Editor
- First Reference annual holiday donation, season’s greetings, and holiday break - December 23, 2022
- Top 10+ First Reference Talks blog posts for 2022 - December 23, 2022
- EI sickness benefits extending on December 18 - November 29, 2022