Nominations are now open for the 2014 Canadian Law Blog Awards. Again, the quality of Lawblogs were amazing in 2014 and many are deserving of honours. However, we can only nominate up to three other Canadian law blogs we follow and read. This year, I concentrated on employment law blogs, so here are mine and First Reference top choices for 2014:
- Sean Bawden, Associate at Kelly Santini LLP, publishes a blog called Labour Pain. Sean provides articles and commentaries on recent court decisions and legislative developments on employment and labour law. The articles and commentaries are thoughtful, always interesting, well written and current. It is a good source to follow to keep appraised.
- I would recommend they give the award again to Youth and Work Blog published by Toronto lawyer Andrew Langille. The focus of his blog posts and advocacy work on social media tackles legal issues in employment law facing Canada’s young workers. This year, his stellar work did a lot for the plight of unpaid interns in Ontario, among other matters.
- Global Workplace Insider published by Norton Rose Fulbright is an international employment and labour law blog that provides interesting, timely, straightforward and thorough posts on legal issues of interest to employers, human resources professionals and lawyers around the world.
All the bloggers mentioned above provide real services to the legal, HR and business community. Good luck to all who are nominated this year.
- First Reference annual holiday donation, season’s greetings and holiday break - December 24, 2021
- Ontario extends the COVID-19 period and paid IDEL period - December 8, 2021
- Impact of September 30th federal holiday - September 14, 2021