Early-bird registration is now open – reserve your seats before March 31st to be eligible.
It’s official: the 20th annual Ontario Employment Law Conference will be taking place on June 19, 2019, at the Centre for Health & Safety Innovation in Mississauga. First Reference and Stringer LLP invite you to join us to Learn the Latest® on the ever-evolving rules of employment law and workforce management.
What is the Ontario Employment Law Conference?
For 20 years, the Ontario Employment Law Conference has provided an essential one-day employment and labour law update to address the most significant HR and employment challenges facing employers in Ontario. The employment law experts of Stringer LLP will cover these challenges and provide practical employment law information and compliance recommendations that employers and managers alike can use right away.
Who should attend the conference?
- Human resources managers
- Payroll managers
- Labour relations managers
- Human resources consultants
- Staffing specialists/recruiters
- Business owners and managers
- Finance/accounting managers responsible for HR
What topics will be covered?
The official agenda for the conference will be announced soon. In the meantime, here’s a sneak peak of what will be covered this year:
The most recent changes to Ontario’s Employment Standards Act (ESA)
Last year, Bill 148, The Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act brought in swift and massive changes to Ontario’s employment and labour laws. Now, just one year later, there’s another significant set of legislative changes in place—and more changes to come—that employers need to understand.
At this year’s conference, we will provide practical pointers on post-implementation of the recent changes to Ontario’s ESA requirements as a result of Bill 47, Making Ontario Open for Business Act, 2018 and Bill 66, Restoring Ontario’s Competitiveness Act, 2019.
Other essential topics
- The impact of cannabis legalization on the workplace so far
- Getting ready for WSIB’s new rate framework, January 2020
- Managing high-risk terminations
- The dos and don’ts of conducting workplace harassment investigations
- Other recent changes to—and trending topics in—employment law
Learn more about the 20th Ontario Employment Law Conference
We hope to see you in June! Please be advised that seating is limited, so be sure to register soon if you’re interested in attending (and claiming our early-bird rate).
For more information on the conference and registration details, visit www.firstreference.com/conference.
Latest posts by Fred Stewart (see all)
- 2019 Ontario Employment Law Conference: #LearntheLatest about continuing changes to employment law - March 7, 2019
- The 9 top workplace posting requirements every Ontario employer must know – with the latest requirements - May 18, 2018
- Only one week left to register for the Ontario Employment Law Conference #learnthelatest - June 13, 2017