During the winter months, people will be spending more time indoors and gathering during the holiday season. In understanding of this, the Government of Ontario is expanding COVID-19 testing efforts, such as increasing convenience and the number of testing locations.
Commencing over the next few weeks, the Government of Ontario will be implementing the following:
- Publicly funded COVID-19 PCR specimen collection (select pharmacies)
- PCR self-collection kits to take home
- Expansion of ID NOW rapid PCR testing (select assessment centers)
- Expansion of asymptomatic testing sites in high-traffic public spaces (based on hot spot zones)
- New specific testing measures for school communities
Vaccines are also becoming available for children aged 5-11 within the coming weeks, adding further protection to Ontario’s schools.
Employers should remain aware of extra risks that present in the winter as more people gather indoors. Recently, COVID-19 cases have spiked more than they have in months.
As the COVID-19 rates rise during the winter months, employers should encourage employees to actively monitor their symptoms and access testing when needed.
Latest posts by Beyond Rewards Inc (see all)
- What is the ‘Working for Workers Act’? - December 16, 2021
- COVID-19 testing enhancements for the upcoming winter - November 23, 2021
- New Ontario reopening guidelines - October 26, 2021