In Seykors v Rural Municipality of Lake Lenore (2019 SKQB 225) Richmond J. reduced the notice period by 2 months where the Plaintiff’s mitigation efforts were minimal and he had not applied for even one job.
Why such a minimal reduction you may ask ?
1) The Plaintiff was age 65.
2) He was a snowplow operator.
3) He didn’t finish high school.
4) He lived in a rural area and was not expected to have to move.
- Employer wacked with $55,000 of moral and punitive damages - November 28, 2022
- Terminating an employee without reasonable notice results in employer paying for 26 years of LTD benefits - November 14, 2022
- ONCA upholds 10 months notice period for short service director - October 17, 2022