In Seykors v Rural Municipality of Lake Lenore (2019 SKQB 225) Richmond J. reduced the notice period by 2 months where the Plaintiff’s mitigation efforts were minimal and he had not applied for even one job.
Why such a minimal reduction you may ask ?
1) The Plaintiff was age 65.
2) He was a snowplow operator.
3) He didn’t finish high school.
4) He lived in a rural area and was not expected to have to move.
Latest posts by Barry B. Fisher LL.B. (see all)
- If the employer alleges just cause but fails to prove it, can they then rely on the not for cause clause? - October 18, 2021
- Heller v Uber: My modest analysis - September 20, 2021
- Failure to interview plaintiff before terminating for just cause problematic - August 16, 2021