The 18th annual Ontario Employment Law Conference will be taking place on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at the Corporate Event Center at CHSI in Mississauga. We are very much looking forward to hearing from Ontario Minister of Labour Kevin Flynn and the employment and labour law experts from Stringer LLP!
If you would like to register for the conference but haven’t done so yet, click here. Registration will be closing on Friday, June 16, 2017.
What employers will #learnthelatest about this year
The legal experts of Stringer LLP will be joining us again this year to discuss important employment and labour law topics such as:
- WSIB claims for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): What is the extent of the potential duty to accommodate employees with PTSD?
- Resignations: How can employers ensure that a resignation has truly taken place and reduce the risk of being sued for wrongful termination?
- ESA-only terminations clauses: When can you use them in employment offers or contracts, and when are they enforceable?
- Defining your employment relationships: What is the legal test for determining whether an individual is an employee or a(n) independent/dependent contractor?
- Employment Standards update: If Bill 148, The Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act passes as expected, what changes will employers need to make to their HR policies and practices?
- Medical marijuana use in the workplace: How far must employers go in their duty to accommodate employees using medical marijuana at work?
You don’t want to miss this…
Also, Ontario Minister of Labour Kevin Flynn will be giving a special luncheon presentation on the government’s initial response to the Changing Workplaces Review. Minister Flynn will also be on hand for a short question and answer period with conference attendees.
At the end of the day, attendees will have the opportunity to take part in one of three breakout sessions covering:
- AODA Employment Standards compliance
- Workplace harassment investigations
- Managing cyber-bullying, social media and other perils of the electronic workplace
You can view the agenda for the entire day here.
Registration closes soon
There’s only a few days remaining to sign up for the conference! Click here to register for this year’s conference and get ready to #learnthelatest with us on June 20!
Latest posts by Fred Stewart (see all)
- Revenue cycle risks and controls: Essential questions you should ask about your company’s sales and receivables - August 28, 2019
- 2019 Ontario Employment Law Conference: #LearntheLatest about continuing changes to employment law - March 7, 2019
- The 9 top workplace posting requirements every Ontario employer must know – with the latest requirements - May 18, 2018