First Reference company logo

First Reference Talks

News and Discussions on Payroll, HR & Employment Law

decorative image

claim for unpaid wages

How to avoid an overtime claim

So you have an employee who has been working with you for five years, and now you have to terminate the employee because it is just not working out. When parting ways, the employee insists that you should have been paying him overtime pay for all the years he has worked for you – and he wants to claim this alleged outstanding overtime pay, or he will be making a claim for unpaid wages with the Employment Standards Branch for unpaid overtime. How can employers avoid this and other types of overtime claim?


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,