The 18th annual Ontario Employment Law Conference will be taking place on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at the Corporate Event Center at CHSI in Mississauga. We are very much looking forward to hearing from Ontario Minister of Labour Kevin Flynn and the employment and labour law experts from Stringer LLP! If you would like to register for the conference but haven’t done so yet, registration will be closing on Friday, June 16, 2017.
Join Stringer LLP and First Reference at the Centre for Health & Safety Innovation in Mississauga on June 20, 2017 at the Ontario Employment Law Conference to Learn the Latest® on the following topics from top Ontario employment law experts:
- Jeremy Schwartz will discuss the increasingly important topic of structuring your work relationships with independent and dependent contractors and employees
- Allison Taylor will talk us through where we are now with ESA-only termination clauses
- Landon Young will offer a primer on resignations to answer the question, “When is it truly over?”
- Jeffrey Murray will provide insight into what employers can expect from the Ministry of Labour’s “Changing Workplaces Review”
- Ryan Conlin will shed light on what the increase in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder claims mean for you
- Frank Portman will help you understand how to deal with medical marijuana in the workplace
Plus, you can take part in one of … Continue reading “The agenda for the 2017 Ontario Employment Law Conference is now available”
In the recent decision of Gagnon & Associates Inc. the Court reminds us that both employers and employees have the obligation to provide reasonable notice of intention to terminate the employment relationship.