The end of the year means that we have reached the time when we like to look at the year in review. There is no shortage of topics under the banner of employment law, payroll, and internal controls to write about. However, on the First Reference Talks blog, we’ve been covering some of the hot topics under these banners throughout the year.
The most viewed and read blog post for 2022 was Can you demote an employee and lower their pay? by Douglas MacLeod. The issue is a complex one – and costly for employers who fail to comply.
Below is a list of the 10 most viewed and read First Reference Talks blog posts after Doug’s from our regular bloggers for 2022:
- How minimum wage increases affects employers and businesses by Sultan Lawyers
- Employer obligations to the deceased employee by Rudner Law,
- Segregation of duties and accounts payable by Apolone Gentles
- Offer letters vs employment contracts by Spring Law
- Accommodating needs, not preferences by Rudner Law
- It’s time to update your COVID-19 policies by Vey Willetts
- The right to disconnect and IT departments by Apolone Gentles
- Old non-compete agreements are still valid in Ontario by Vey Willetts
- What is bad faith in a termination? By Spring Law
- Ontario Bill 88—a focus on employee surveillance by Christina Catenacci
We would like to thank our First Reference team and our team of regular and occasional bloggers for their contributions to the continued success of the FR Talks blog.
Thank you to all our readers for reading the blog and making it successful. We love hearing from you, so feel free to:
- Write us in the comment field below each post
- Like and share the post on social media
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us and join the conversation on Twitter
- Join our Canadian HR, Employment Law, Payroll and Internal Controls Professionals Network on LinkedIn
We hope you all enjoy the holidays and look forward to moving forward in post-pandemic initiatives in the coming year! We will have much more for you in 2023!
- Ontario introduces Bill 79, Working for Workers Act, 2023 - March 29, 2023
- Call for a ban on NDAs in certain cases - March 1, 2023
- First Reference annual holiday donation, season’s greetings, and holiday break - December 23, 2022
Leave a Reply