This year on the First Reference Talks blog we’ve been covering some of the hot topics in employment and labour law and employee management. Making the list this year are blog posts on the topic of termination and the changes that were implemented in Ontario under Bill 148.
Here’s the full top 10 list of the most-read First Reference Talks blog posts from our regular bloggers for 2018:
- New rules regarding police record checks: Employers take note
- Tips on the right way to fire employees in Ontario
- The latest on the legality of random drug and alcohol testing
- What does equal pay for equal work equal?
- Ontario court overturns just cause dismissal and awards over $97,000 in damages
- New Ontario law requires public disclosure of employee compensation
- $200,000 awarded by the HRTO for sexual harassment and assault of vulnerable employee
- Privacy Commissioner of Canada provides guidance on meaningful consent
- Termination of employment does not terminate ability to apply for LTD benefits
- Limitation periods and statutory severance pay: an update
We want to thank all our regular and occasional contributors for their contributions to First Reference Talks in 2018.
Thanks to all our readers for reading the blog and we love hearing from you so feel free to write us in the comments below or join the conversation on Twitter. See you in 2019!
- EI sickness benefits extending on December 18 - November 29, 2022
- First Reference annual holiday donation, season’s greetings and holiday break - December 24, 2021
- Ontario extends the COVID-19 period and paid IDEL period - December 8, 2021