This year on the First Reference Talks blog, we’ve been covering some of the hot topics in employment and labour law and employee management. Making the list this year are blog posts on the topic of termination (again), on breaching confidentiality, privacy and the duty to accommodate among others.
Here’s the full top 10 list of the most-read First Reference Talks blog posts from our regular bloggers for 2019:
- Top five things to consider when dismissing an employee – Vey Willetts LLP
- Calculating severance: What do the courts say? – David M. Brown, Kent Employment Law
- Requiring agility – How much can an employer change job duties? – Lisa Stam, Spring Law
- Employee entitled to vacation pay on “discretionary” bonus – Sean Bawden, Labour Pains
- Can accommodation include a reduction in pay? – Rudner Law
- When sharing is not caring: The high cost of breaching confidentiality – Rudner Law
- Failure to disclose planned layoff costs employer 22 months pay and 20K punitive damages – Doug MacLeod, MacLeod Law Firm
- Progressive discipline leads to termination for cause for poor performance – Barry B. Fisher LL.B.
- Clauses to include in an employment contract – Jeff Dutton, Dutton Employment Law
- Privacy Commissioner of Canada’s consent guidelines are in effect as of January 1, 2019 – Christina Catenacci
We want to thank all our regular and occasional contributors for their contributions to First Reference Talks in 2019.
Thanks to all our readers for reading the blog and we love hearing from you so feel free to
- write us in the comment field below each post
- like the post
- Follow us on Facebook
- join the conversation on Twitter
- join our Payroll, Employment Law, HR and Internal Controls professionals on Linked
We will have much more for you in 2020!
Latest posts by Marie-Yosie Saint-Cyr, LL.B. Managing Editor (see all)
- Remembrance Day public holiday, poppy and pandemic issues - November 10, 2020
- What you need to know about the three Canada recovery benefits - October 26, 2020
- Thanksgiving Day in Canada: Monday, October 12 - October 9, 2020