This year on the Inside Internal Controls blog we’ve been covering some of the hot topics in internal controls, governance, information technology, not-for-profit, and business management, among others.
The top 10 most-read Inside Internal Controls posts for 2018 include:
- A step-by-step guide to creating a cybersecurity plan
- Improve internal controls over fixed assets (Part 1)
- Supreme Court confirms in R. v. Comeau that provinces can restrict interprovincial trade in beer and other goods
- Improve internal controls over fixed assets (Part 2)
- Rejected job applicants obtain disclosure of application records under privacy law
- Changes to the Canada Pension Plan
- New compensation rules will affect all Ontario employers
- Learn from British Airways’ security breach reporting and notification
- Employee forfeits $115,000.00 in bonuses by resigning; active employment clause valid
- Collective agreement, not software, drives employee entitlements
We want to thank all our regular and occasional contributors for their contributions to the Inside Internal Controls blog in 2018.
Thanks to all our readers for reading the blog and we love hearing from you, so feel free to write us in the comments below or join the conversation on Twitter. See you in 2019!
- A new version of form T3010 is coming in January 2024 - November 24, 2023
- Ontario introduces Bill 79, Working for Workers Act, 2023 - March 29, 2023
- Call for a ban on NDAs in certain cases - March 1, 2023