Culture has many facets. Behavior and what drives it is a big part of auditing culture.
Mike Jacka has written from the heart in his latest blog post. Click on this to access it.
I encourage all of you to read it, think about it, and then answer these questions:
- Are you comfortable with the culture within your organization – how people behave towards others? Consider not only how women are treated, but those who are “different” in any way (gays, people of color, those who observe a different faith, etc).
- Are you comfortable with what is being done about it?
- Are you comfortable with what you are doing about it?
- What else should you, management, or internal audit do about it?
I have written about culture as having many facets. Auditing culture is not just about ethics, or risk-taking. It’s about behavior and what drives it.
Are we, as individuals (especially when we are in a position of authority, such as any member of internal audit) doing enough?
Well done, Mike!
Now it’s up to the rest of us to act.
- The risk is assessed as high. So what? - March 15, 2023
- Putting cyber risk into business perspective - February 15, 2023
- Twitter and risk - January 18, 2023