On December 3, 2012, the 7th annual Canadian Law Blog Awards (a.k.a. the Clawbies) started receiving nominations for the best outstanding Canadian law blogs for 2012. Closing date to submit your choices is Thursday December 27th, with the winners being announced on New Year’s Eve here.
You should be endorsing up to three law blogs you follow, read and find deserving of a nomination… this said, a list of law blogs can be found at Lawblogs.ca. We at First Reference Talks are honoured to be part of that list.
Last year, First Reference Talks was proud to make the Clawbies finalists short list and we thank you, our peers and our readers.
What can I say… there are many good law blogs out there and more are being developed every year that up the ante. Many are deserving of a nomination for one reason or another, but unfortunatly we can only nominate three of them. The competition for Clawbies will be especially tough this year.
Thus, our three nominations for the 2012 Clawbies are:
- Stringer HR Blog: Focused on employment and labour law in Ontario, their plain language, well-written, and thoughtful blog posts are timely and relevant. The blog provides comprehensive content that help ordinary people as well as their clients keep up-to-date and understand the main legal principles (stemming from the courts, tribunals and legislative developments) they need to apply to their daily HR tasks to avoid liabilities and be good managers.
- Human Resources Legislative Update: Human Resources Legislative Update is a blog published by Hicks Morley for their clients. It is timely, consistently updated, and covers legislative developments in employment and labour law in Ontario and the federally regulated jurisdiction. The posts are easy to read and understand and link to the resources for further research.
- SOQUIJ | Le Blogue: this law blog helps me keep up-to-date with what is happening in the legal realm in Quebec. Their writers understand how the legal and legislative process works and can distill the significance of a legal principle and/or a legislative change.
All the bloggers mentioned above provide real services to the legal, HR and business community.
Good luck to all who are nominated
First Reference Human Resources and Compliance Managing Editor
Latest posts by Marie-Yosie Saint-Cyr, LL.B. Managing Editor (see all)
- Family Day off with pay 2021 - February 12, 2021
- Limiting access to federal recovery benefits during the mandatory quarantine - January 21, 2021
- First Reference annual holiday donation, season’s greetings and holiday break - December 24, 2020