Ontario workplace health and safety inspection blitzes under the Safe at Work initiative are announced in advance and results are reported after they are completed on the Ministry of Labour website. The ministry tracks each sector to determine if the blitzes result in a long-lasting increase in compliance and decrease in injuries and fatalities.
The Ontario’s Ministry of Labour schedule for upcoming health and safety blitzes include:
- June 1-30: Mobile equipment for surface and underground mines – Mining Sector
- June 1-July 31: Heavy and light equipment – Construction Sector
- September 1-October 31: Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) – All Sectors
- September 1-October 31: Fall hazards – Construction Sector
- November 1-December 31: Conveyor guarding – Industrial Sector
- February 1-28: Loading docks – Industrial and Health Care Sectors
More information on the Safe at Work Ontario initiatives and results can be found at http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/sawo/index.php.
Human Resources and Compliance Managing Editor
- First Reference annual holiday donation, season’s greetings, and holiday break - December 23, 2022
- Top 10+ First Reference Talks blog posts for 2022 - December 23, 2022
- EI sickness benefits extending on December 18 - November 29, 2022