Here are the top three articles most viewed on HRinfodesk in the week of July 30 in the areas of dismissal, health and safety and employee relations:
- Eliminating bonus scheme constitutes constructive dismissal
The Supreme Court of British Columbia just decided that a loyal employee of 19 years who regularly received annual bonuses was constructively dismissed when the employer unilaterally eliminated the bonus scheme without any explanation or opportunity for negotiations.
- Employer had no duty to provide safety training on function unrelated to employee’s job
The Ontario Court of Justice has held that an employer had no duty to provide safety training to a medical manager on a specific job function outside of the manager’s job duties.
- Sports as a window on our working world
It occurred to me this past week that several recent events in the world of sports parallel the working world we all face each day. Maybe we can learn something about our own working lives from these sports-related stories. (In PDF)
Latest posts by Marie-Yosie Saint-Cyr, LL.B. Managing Editor (see all)
- First Reference annual holiday donation, season’s greetings and holiday break - December 24, 2020
- Top 10 most-read First Reference Talks blog posts for 2020 - December 24, 2020
- Entitlements to public holidays during the holiday season - December 23, 2020