As always, this year’s conference features Stringer LLP’s employment law experts, including Allison Taylor, Jeffrey Murray, Jeremy Schwartz, Jessica Young, Ryan Conlin and Landon Young, covering the topics you need to know about:
- Unprecedented OH&S Penalties and Lawsuits
- Family Status Accommodation
- Getting Ready for the AODA Employment Standard
- Using Contracts to Protect Your Business
- Workplace Alcohol and Drug Testing
- The Perils of Employee Benefits
The conference includes networking, Q&A sessions, and a new feature: a lunchtime presentation on New Developments in the Occupational Health and Safety Legislation by Sandra Excellent HB.Sc., B.A.Sc., M.Sc., from the Public Services Health & Safety Association.
Our rapid-fire panel discussion is still a feature of the conference, where conference participants can ask questions about recent “hot button” legal developments of interest for employers, such as:
- How to effectively manage the risks of terminating benefits after employment
- Recent initiatives and re-emerging liability with respect to employment contracts
- In what circumstances random screening may be lawful
- What workers must prove to establish “family status” discrimination in the childcare context
- What strategies do I need to apply for implementing and enforcing my new AODA policies, practices and procedures
If that’s not enough, members of the HRPA who attend can receive 6.25 CPD hours. So what are you waiting for? Learn the latest! at the Ontario Employment Law Conference on Tuesday, June 10, 2014.
To register, go to the First Reference conference website.