With most of the amendments of Bill 148 now in effect—along with significant updates to OHS and WCB provisions, the upcoming legalization of recreational marijuana, and more on the way—there are many substantial changes employers in Ontario have to deal with now and throughout 2018.
At the 19th annual Ontario Employment Law Conference, Stringer LLP and First Reference will make sure you are well informed and ready to manage the essential workplace issues in 2018 and beyond.
This year’s topics
- Practical pointers for implementing the employment standards and labour relations changes brought in by Bill 148
- Getting ready for legalized marijuana
- Workplace harassment complaints and investigations: making it through the legal minefield
- How to avoid legal trouble in employee discipline and termination
- What you need to know now about occupational health and safety due diligence
Also, this year’s breakout sessions will cover:
- How to appeal a decision at the WSIB or WSIAT
- Accommodating employee disabilities: how to meet your legal duties without disrupting your operations
- Employing foreign nationals in Canada: how to identify issues and do your HR due diligence
Essential one-day update
The Ontario Employment Law Conference is your essential one-day legal update. Join Stringer LLP and First Reference for a day of practical employment law information you can put to use right away! For more details or to register, visit www.firstreference.com/conference.
Latest posts by Adam Gorley (see all)
- Legal recreational marijuana: how can you address the workplace risks? - October 15, 2018
- 2018 will be a pivotal year for employers and HR managers in Ontario – #LearnTheLatest - April 20, 2018
- 11 HR policies you need right now for legal compliance - April 27, 2017