The three popular articles this week on HRinfodesk deal with marijuana in the workplace, unpaid wages and employment insurance premium and reduction rates.
The three popular articles this week on HRinfodesk deal with: MOL blitz schedule for 2017–18; Ontario Budget 2017–18; and corporate directors who were found liable for employees’ unpaid wages.
We are signing off with a list of the top 10 most read Inside Internal Controls posts 2016.
Privacy issues and director’s liability seem to have been hot topics this year with several blog posts on the topics making it on the list.
The top 10 most read Inside Internal Controls posts 2016
- Director’s liability for corporate negligence, Philip A. Carson, Calgary, Miller Thomson LLP
- Hello my name is [redacted]: Employee privacy trumps employer requirement for surnames on name tags, Douglas Judson, McCarthy Tétrault
- Internal audit and cyber risk, Norman D. Marks, CPA, CRMA
- Health Canada is cracking the whip on advertising violations, Christelle Gedeon, Ph.D. and Ingrid E. VanderElst, Ph.D., Fasken Martineau
- Registered charities get ready to submit applications for Ontario property tax rebates, Apolone Gentles, JD, CPA,CGA, FCCA, Bsc (Hons)
- New PIPEDA data breach regulations proposed, Kirsten Thompson, McCarthy Tétrault’s Cybersecurity, Privacy