As always, this year’s conference features Stringer LLP’s employment law experts, including Allison Taylor, Jeffrey Murray, Jeremy Schwartz, Jessica Young, Ryan Conlin and Landon Young, covering the topics you need to know about:
- Alleging cause for termination
- Workplace privacy and electronic communications
- AODA customer service standard: don’t report failure
- OH&S due diligence: what the courts are saying
- Clash of the Titans? WSIB return to work meets human rights
- Attendance management: legal dilemmas and practical solutions
- Employment standards update
The conference includes networking and Q&A sessions, and a new feature this year, a rapid-fire panel discussion, where guests can ask questions about recent “hot button” legal developments of interest for employers, such as:
- How to effectively manage the risks of terminating benefits after employment
- Recent initiatives and re-emerging liability with respect to the Pay Equity Act
- Bargaining, economic recovery and the latest case law and trends in union certification
- New restrictions on cross-border employee transfers and how to avoid the “black list”
If that’s not enough, member of the HRPA who attend can receive nine recertification points. So what are you waiting for? Learn the latest at the Ontario Employment Law Conference on Wednesday, June 13, 2012.
To register, go to the First Reference conference website.
First Reference Human Resources and Compliance Editor